[asterisk-users] doorphone?

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Mar 9 02:57:28 CST 2011

> could anybody suggest a usable doorphone and magnetic door opener

> "hardphone" system for me, please? Of course should be connectable to

> asterisk. I am in the EU, should be available here.

I would recommend using a normal doorphone, and connecting it to a SIP gateway like the PAP2T.

Otherwise, you need a network connection directly into the doorphone unit, and some people don't like that because it can give a hacker/burglar, direct access to your internal network.

Hope that helps.

Dan Journo
Kesher Communications (UK)
Business Phone Systems<http://www.keshercommunications.com/> | Hosted PBX<http://www.keshercommunications.com/hostedpbx.html>