[asterisk-users] 1.8.3 - IAX - echo - jitterbuffer

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Tue Mar 8 17:06:17 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 11:15 PM, sean darcy wrote:
> I'm using iaxagent on a Droid X to connect by IAX to 1.8.3 at the
> office. 1.8.3 has sip phones. The audio is fine on the Droid X side. On
> the office side, they hear an echo of _their_ speech, not mine.

We tried an Android SIP client last week and it had *huge* "echo"
issues. The Android client operated by a colleague sitting next to me
calling a normal SIP phone which I answered. When I started talking I
heard myself twice. First the soft direct echo trough the air and then a
really loud, very good quality second echo.

Muting the microphone on the Android side did not solve the really loud
second echo which suggests to me there might be something of a loop in
the operating system looping the audio back.

The phone is a Sony Ericsson Experia model, no idea what the exact type is.

--
Andreas Sikkema