[asterisk-users] Weird PRI error on an QUAD E1 span: Ring requested on unconfigured channel 255/255

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 09:40:54 CST 2011

After working fine for a week or so my new Quad E1 asterisk 1.8 system has started rejecting outbound calls from the Nortel
BMC 450 it is connected to.
The cli fills up with these:

sig_pri.c: Ring requested on unconfigured channel 255/255 span 3

Is this likely to be a
	1) config error
	2) cable issue (I made them)
	3) hardware problem with the Digium card
	4) software (lib pri)

Any clues? Anyone seen this recently (google shows it in 2005 but not since as far as I can see)

T.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk