[asterisk-users] TDM410P & dahdi driver == no lights?

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Mon Mar 7 20:22:08 CST 2011

Hello,

I have just installed an Asterisk server with a Digium TDM410P card with 3
FXO modules (no module in the 4th slot).

It's lived on two different machines (a test machine, which had Linux kernel
2.6.28, and a new dedicated machine which has Linux kernel 2.6.32).

On the test machine (2.6.28), I used the Zaptel drivers.  Once the kernel
modules were loaded, the lights on the TDM410P came on green for the
installed FXO modules.

On the new server, the Zaptel drivers wouldn't build so I switched over to
dahdi.  Everything seems to be working, EXCEPT there are no lights on the
TDM410P!  I guess I can ignore that the lights aren't lit up, because it
seems to be functioning as expected (I can dial out and receive incoming
calls)...but it's disconcerting that the lights aren't on.  Yes, the Molex
power connector is connected (although I think that's only needed by FXS
modules).

I've tried google searches but haven't found anything mentioning this odd
behavior.  Is this expected?

Many thanks,
~Brian Henning

          Brian Henning, Software Engineer