[asterisk-users] Error compiling Asterisk 1.8.3 on Sun SPARC x64 w/Debian Squeeze

Stuart Longland redhatter at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 7 17:09:28 CST 2011

On 03/08/11 08:49, RR wrote:
> Any idea where this is coming from? seems like something is selected
> that doesn't have other related stuff unselected? no clue where to start
> looking

No SPARC expert, but I seem to recall the lowest-common-denominator
SPARCs lack things like hardware multiply in the instruction set.

Even if it doesn't help fix the problem, you probably will want to use
at least -mcpu=v9 (educated guess looking at the gcc manpage) if it's an
UltraSPARC as that will give you some of these instructions.  Asterisk
strikes me as an application that'd make fairly hefty use of things like
integer multiplication.

Another place to ask might be the Debian-SPARC mailing list?
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.