[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 MySQL Realtime fails to connect with working username and password.

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Mon Mar 7 16:52:28 CST 2011

Okay, so here's the configuration I have for MySQL Realtime (Asterisk
version 1.6.2.17):

In /etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf:

sipusers => mysql,mya2billing,cc_sip_buddies

In /etc/asterisk/res_mysql.conf:

[mya2billing]
dbhost = localhost
dbname = mya2billing
dbuser = a2billinguser
dbpass = REDACTED
dbport = 3306

And here's the error messages I get:

voip2*CLI> realtime mysql status
localhost configured for mya2billing at localhost, port 3306 with username
a2billinguser.
mya2billing configured for mya2billing at localhost, port 3306 with username
a2billinguser.
[Mar  7 14:38:59] ERROR[15943]: res_config_mysql.c:1575 mysql_reconnect:
MySQL RealTime: Failed to connect database server mya2billing on localhost
(err 2002). Check debug for more info.
[Mar  7 14:38:59] ERROR[15943]: res_config_mysql.c:1575 mysql_reconnect:
MySQL RealTime: Failed to connect database server mya2billing on localhost
(err 2002). Check debug for more info.

This doesn't make any sense. res_mysql.conf contains working mysql
credentials that I can verify with running mysql from the command line.