[asterisk-users] [1.4] Forcing Asterisk/Zaptel to wait until calleeanswers?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Mar 7 08:14:27 CST 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:42:36 -0600, "Danny Nicholas"
<danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
>Having traversed this "rabbit-hole" the answer is that it depends on your
>carrier.  If they offer "call-supervision", asterisk can wait for pickup on
>the other side.  The resolution I came up with for my offering:

I was going through the script this afternoon, and have a couple of
questions:

1. Why use ">" instead of "=" to compare the extension with "SIP"?

exten => s,n,Gotoif($["${EXTEN}" > "SIP"]?start)

2. According to www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Wait, Wait
only takes one parameter, while WaitExten() can take "m", which plays
music on hold: Is the wiki out of date and you are using a more recent
version of Asterisk than the 1.4 I have?

exten => s,n,Wait(9,m)

Thank you.