[asterisk-users] Testing from where number is...

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 04:20:28 CST 2011

On Thursday 03 Mar 2011, Piotr Górski wrote:
> As free I mean no subscription. I can write AGI that will query
> numberingplans.com - that's not a problem... but I can query site only 20
> times a day without a subscription... So it's not free.

Well, free is as free does  :)

For the time being, keep making your 20 free queries per IP address per day,
and build up a local MySQL database.  Populate it also from any other data
sources you have available  (maybe you have letters with addresses and phone
numbers? .....)  Then have your AGI script always look in the local database
first.  If what you need is not in there, and you still have some free
queries remaining today  (even this information can be held within the
database),  query numberingplans.com and save the result in your database.
If you have run out of free queries, then you'll have to return something
less precise  (just a country, perhaps; this information at least should be
in your phone directory).

I can tell you now for free that 44 is the code for the UK; and UK numbers
beginning with (0)7 are mobiles, (0)20 is London and (0)28 is Northern
Ireland  :)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.