[asterisk-users] SIP Provider Recommendation in US

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Mar 3 14:27:19 CST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:

> [...]
I managed a decent size system pushing $40k/mo through VoicePulse.  Most of
it going to Uganda, Peru, and Fiji.  The voice quality was never an issue
except for VSAT  or whatever.

My only complaint from years ago when I ditched them, through inheriting the
new system is that they are constantly changing things that require user
intervention.  If you miss those emails, your phone system stops working.

If I wanted that I would hard code their IPs rather than using DNS.

Other than that, they had very good quality without any kind of direct link
or real QoS.

Obviously, pushing that amount of traffic their way also got me same day
replies from the CEO and if I really complained, and threatened to move the
business, he jumped on a plane to come visit but I was gone to Iraq already.

Bandwidth.com is a bit pricey but great.

I try to negotiate out old paradigm terms that are not applicable to VoIP so
much, such as channels.  Sure, you can limit me to whatever number we agree
upon, but I am not paying an MRC for them unless they are going to give me a
layer 2 handoff.

Gafachi is good and pretty cheap too, I was bit surprised.

Thanks,
Steve T