[asterisk-users] mySQL connection testing

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Mar 3 10:27:07 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Steve Edwards
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:23 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] mySQL connection testing

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Andrew Thomas wrote:

> Does anybody know of a way to test whether a mySQL connection invoked
> from the dialplan is current or not?

I've never been a fan of using database commands in the dialplan. I prefer
to wrap up all the database cruft into a nice little black box, an AGI,
where I have full access to the database API and real debugging tools.

I think database commands in the dialplan are just ugly.

Not to mention that Asterisk is "developmental" and "a moving target".  If
you read 1000 posts on this forum, you'll come across 10-15 items where "it
worked then, but it doesn't now". If it's in an AGI, you have a much better
chance of surviving version changes.