[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.3-rc3 & 1.8.3 and one way audio

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 04:19:01 CST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 13:40 +0000, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> I've just installed 1.8.3-rc3 on a test server as we really needed that
> deadlock involving REFER fix on our server but now I'm having an odd
> issue with one way audio with a specific type of call.
>
> If I do extension to extension calls there is full 2 way audio.
>
> If I route in an incoming call through numbers provided by our SIP
> provider there is no inbound audio (mobile to * SIP extension) but there
> is outbound audio (* SIP extension to mobile).
>
> If I route a call through our production server (1.4.17 debian) to a
> second identity on the same SIP phone as the previous condition there is
> perfect 2 way audio.
>
> I did suspect it might have been the firewall on the test server but I
> did the same call with the firewall turned off and still only had one
> way audio.
>
> Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Seeing that 1.8.3 had been released I updated our main test server to
that from 1.8.2.2 using the digium yum repo.

All audio had been working fine on this server before the update but
after the update I experienced the same as I did with rc3.

Internal ext to ext calls are fine.

Outbound calls to mobile networks via our SIP provider are fine.

Inbound calls via our SIP provider have one way audio.

The servers are CentOs 5.5 and we are using RealTime architecture.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik