[asterisk-users] No audio format found to offer.

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Thu Jun 30 10:33:36 CDT 2011

Assuming Asterisk does not have to transcode yes.  Transcoding is required to play Asterisk sound files (if g729 versions are not installed), the T/t/W/w option to Dial, ChanSpy, etc.  "Pass thru" may sound cool, but it seldom works well in the real world.  Spend the money on a G729 license from Digium ($10/channel) and save yourself problems.