[asterisk-users] No audio format found to offer.

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Jun 29 17:21:23 CDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 18:12 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Perhaps do this instead?
>
>    allow=g723
>    allow=g729
>    disallow=all
>
> On 06/29/2011 05:57 PM, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
>
> > This *should* be something that's easy to fix, but apparently I'm not
> > doing something right.
> >
> > Our SIP long distance provider is telling us to only use formats G.723
> > and G.729, so I've set up their trunk configuration in sip.conf as such:
> >
> > [t564]
> > type=friend
> > host=XXX.XX.56.4
> > context=default
> > disallow=all
> > allow=g723
> > allow=g729
> >
> > However, the Dial application gives the following error:
> >
> > -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DIAL) Options:
> > (SIP/t564/1XXXXXX4332,,HR)
> > == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
> > [Jun 29 13:37:37] WARNING[16693]: chan_sip.c:5518 sip_call: No audio
> > format found to offer. Cancelling call to 1XXXXXX4332
> > -- Couldn't call t564/1XXXXXX332
> > == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (0:0/0/0)
> >
> > I've checked to ensure that both formats are loaded into Asterisk:
> >
> > voip2*CLI> module show like 729
> > Module Description Use Count
> > format_g729.so Raw G729 data 0
> > 1 modules loaded
> > voip2*CLI> module show like 723
> > Module Description Use Count
> > format_g723.so G.723.1 Simple Timestamp File Format 0
> > 1 modules loaded
> >
> > So I'm at a bit of a loss as to why Asterisk is complaining that there's
> > no audio format found to offer.

	The disallow line must be set before any allow line.

	Since Asterisk has no official G723 support you should not even be
trying to use that.  Do you have the G.279 codec and license  installed
in your system?  Remember that G.729 is not included in Asterisk (as a
codec) so it only works in passthru.  You need to purchase some licenses
and install the codec for it to work.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001