[asterisk-users] MixMonitor - garbled/corrupted WAV files

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Jun 28 12:33:40 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 01:24:43PM -0400, Mike wrote:

> > On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:30:54AM -0400, Mike wrote:
> > > I've had problems with MixMonitor recordings.  A lot (I'd say almost
> > > 50%) of those are corrupted (can`t be opened) or garbled.  That is on
> > > only one server, which is using the same Asterisk version (1.6.2.18)
> > > as the other servers which are mostly fine.
> > >
> > > What can be the cause?  The conversation themselves are reportedly of
> > > good quality, only the recording is a problem.
> > >
> > > Hint: this server does not have PRI Digium cards installed (pure SIP,
> > > only a transcoder card), while the others do. Could this be the cause?
> > > Dahdi_test shows 99.9xxx% accuracy with the dummy timer.
> >
> > Which version of DAHDI are you using?
> >

> 2.4.0 on the problem one. I don't have Dahdi cards though.

Is the server able to keep acurate time or is there clock drift and/or large
skews with ntpd?

The timer in the core of DAHDI uses the "wall-clock" of the system to
determine the timing. If that jumps around...I could imagine how you might get
garbled recordings (or garbled audio on calls that are in coferences).

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer