[asterisk-users] Asked to transmit frame type slin, while native formats is 0x8 (alaw)

Asterisk Man theasteriskman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 04:59:11 CDT 2011

Asterisk 1.8.3.2

I have been getting this warning constantly on CLI in a call scenario where
I use local channels to connect SIP with PSTN.
I use callfile and local channel to first call a PSTN number and if
answered, use local channel to call SIP phone with music on hold enabled in
Dial string.
If I call PSTN from SIP directly or vice versa I don't see this warning
coming.
On SIP I have allowed only one codec(alaw).

[Jun 28 15:05:00] WARNING[31016] chan_sip.c: Asked to transmit frame type
slin, while native formats is 0x8 (alaw) read/write = 0x8 (alaw)/0x8 (alaw)

I also tried to yes/no option transcode_via_sln in asterisk.conf without any
success.
Any idea?
Thanks,
--AM