[asterisk-users] rtptimeout on 1.8.4

Jon Farmer jon at bctech.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 12:02:49 CDT 2011

Hi

Since switching from 1.6.x to 1.8.4 I have noticed the following

1. When you do a 'core show channel <channel name>' the resulting
information only shows data for "Frames In" , "Frames out" is always
0.

2. The rtptimeout option in the sip.conf no longer seems to work. I
have this set to 60 seconds but have had channels which have not
timeout when the rtp stops. If I subsequently do a "channel request
hangup" then the CLI reports that there was a rtptimeout but will be
hugely over the set amount. For instance on requesting the hangup on
one such channel today it reported rtp timeout for 18000 seconds.

Anybody got any ideas how to get 1.8.4 rtptimeout correctly?

Regards

Jon

Jon Farmer
Tel 07795 118140