[asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phones and Skinny in asterisk 1.8.4.2 "tooooooooooooooooo"

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 07:39:33 CDT 2011

Hi All;

Again, the Cisco IP Phones 7942G and using Skinny:

I upgraded the firmware to version 8.5 (skinny) and I am using skinny channel (chan_skinny) and the skinny.conf file.

The phones are registering, but when we use them to place a call, we only hear tooooooooooo in the handset and we do not hear voice (even when we dial the digits, we only hear toooooooo .. but it dials and destination answer).

Also if we call to these phones, and we pickup handset of the 7942G, I am hearing toooooooooo and no voice (no one hear voice .. source and destination are not hear).

What about be? Is it related to skinny channel that does not work?

In that case, skinny channel is not working fine and that means, I have to use SIP !

Did any one face like this problem?

Another problem, if I did changes in the extensions.conf and I need to reload, then I can not reload only the extensions.conf, I have to do reload and that will cause a reset for the Phones.

Any advise? Did anyone tried skinny and faced those problems?

Regards
Bilal