[asterisk-users] Google Voice receiving call problem

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 06:58:31 CDT 2011

On 15 Jun 2011, at 23:29, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> On 06/15/2011 04:40 PM, Elliot Murdock wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Yes, the issue I am having is currently only with Google Talk.  Wonder
>> if what development will be made to fix this issue.
>
> At some point it will be fixed, and then Google will break it again. Google Talk/Google Voice connections to Asterisk will always be at the mercy of Google changing the protocol, which they do whenever they feel like it and with no warning. In other words, you better not be relying on it for critical communications, and you'll need to be patient when it breaks... because the developers can't just drop everything and fix it when Google changes the protocol.
>
> --

A quick (uneducated) look at the packet, I think google have added some jingle compatibility to gtalk.

The packet invite now contains 2 nodes - one in the jingle namespace and one in the google/session namespace
this confuses  asterisk and it passes the call to _neither_ .
I'm not up on iksemel - but I think that if it were told to match on either node, not just the first one things might work again....

The good news is that it supports a load of nice codecs now, including g722 :-)

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk