[asterisk-users] How to set BRI-to-BRI trunk using 2 HA8+B400M cards

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 22 11:57:53 CDT 2011

2011/6/22 Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com>

> > My setup is:
> > Asterisk1 w/ HA8+B400M --- Asterisk2 w/ HA8+B400M --- Patton SN4638
> >
> > Asterisk1 is in TE/PtP (with termination)
> > Asterisk2 is in NT/PtP( with termination)
> > Patton is in TE/PtP
> > The cable between Asterisk boxes is an RJ11M-RJ11M (custom made with
> > pinouts 1 to 1, 2 to 2, ...).
> > The cable between Asterisk2 and Patton boxes is an RJ11M-RJ45M from
> > Digium package
> >

> > At the moment, I can't get a stable trunk (as described above) between
> > 2 Asterisk boxes but I can get a stable one betwen Asterisk2 and
> > Patton boxes.
> >
> > Once I could once pass a phone between both boxes but most of the
> > time, the trunk is down :
> > asterisk -rx "pri show spans"
> > PRI span 1/0: Provisioned, In Alarm, Down, Active
> > or
> > asterisk -rx "pri show spans"
> > PRI span 1/0: Provisioned, Up, Active
> > PRI span 2/0: Provisioned, In Alarm, Down, Active
> >

> > In Asterisk1 (the TE/PtP box), config is :
> > /etc/dahdi/system.conf
> > span=1,1,0,ccs,ami,term,te
> > bchan=1-2
> > hardhdlc=3
> > echocanceller=oslec,1-2
> >
> > /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
> > ; Span 1: WCBRI/0/0 "HA8-0000 Board 1" (MASTER) AMI/CCS RED
> > group=1,11
> > context=remote
> > switchtype = euroisdn
> > signalling = bri_cpe
> > channel => 1-2
> > context = default
> > group = 63
> >

> > In Asterisk2 (the NT/PtP box), config is :
> > /etc/dahdi/system.conf
> > span=2,0,0,ccs,ami,term,nt
> > # termtype: nt
> > bchan=4-5
> > hardhdlc=6
> > echocanceller=oslec,4-5
> >

> > /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
> > ; Span 2: WCBRI/0/1 "HA8-0000 Board 1"
> > group=1,12
> > context=remote
> > switchtype = euroisdn
> > signalling = bri_net
> > channel => 4-5
> > context = default
> > group = 63
> >

> > Please, take note that :
> > A. port 1 in Asterisk1 is connected to port2 in Asterisk2.
> > B. port 1 in Asterisk2 is connected to a Patton 4638 port.
> > C. ports 1 and 2 in Asterisk2 belongs to the same group (using 2
> > different groups doesn't change anything, it seems but I didn't digg
> > much).
> > D. I'm using asterisk 1.6.1.18, libpri 1.4.11.5 and dahdi 2.4.1(.2)
> >

> > How can I make this work ?
> > Suggestions
>
> The link between the Asterisk boxes must not be terminated on both
> ends.  Termination resistors on both ends is practically guaranteed
> to cause link issues.

Very interesting but I'm afraid I still don't get it.

For various reasons, my goal is build an asterisk + patton solution that
will be later plugged into 8 BRIs like this (hoping my ASCII art will work)
:

Patton ------------ x4 BRI ----------------PSTN

The box Asterisk2 ast I referred to it previously, is here to behave as the
PSTN.
As a consequence, I tought that :
1. I should set each Asterisk2 port as NT/PTP.
2. I should set each Asterisk1 and Patton port as TE/PTP/Term to be as close
as possible to target conditions.

Do you agree with this ?