[asterisk-users] iLBC re-licence

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 22 11:14:48 CDT 2011

On 06/22/2011 03:32 PM, Steve Davies wrote:
> Does anybody know if the updated licence on iLBC makes it safe to
> include in Asterisk when used in a commercial environment again?
>
>    https://sites.google.com/site/webrtc/ilbc-freeware
>
> It seems to require that the Google iLBC licence document is on the
> box, but that otherwise it is free-to use by all in any way (BSD
> licence style). I believe that prior to that there was a requirement
> to register every commercial use of the codec with the licence holder,
> or some-such thing?

IANAL but that's what I also understand from reading the software
license. Seems you just need to ship the license with the binaries and
all should be well. Please also note that the IP Rights Grant seems to
note some limitations that you may want to study before shipping to your
customers.

Regards,
Patrick