[asterisk-users] SMS with Asterisk

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Tue Jun 21 13:49:44 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com>wrote:

> LOL at the haters.

Ahh, how often I forget that the subtleties of sarcasm are usually lost in
email...

<snip>

> It would also be a whole lot easier for someone to physically feed me so my
> hands could be free to work in hostile environments, maybe an LN can bring
> me a portable toilet and make sure it is fresh, that would make everything
> so easy and easy is what we all want.

You're right, why should we make things easy for other people?  While we're
at it, let's toss out instructions manuals - those books just make things
easier for people to learn what they're doing, so full of answers to common
problems as they are!  And websites like wiki.asterisk.org, that has a ton
of configuration examples that just makes life easy on those bothersome
people who don't already know all the answers!  And mailing lists!  How dare
helpful contributors such as yourself or myself make things easier for
people by just giving them answers that we had to work hard to figure out
ourselves!

And yes, I'm just being sarcastic.  I don't "hate" on anyone who posts on
this list - we've all been in situations where we've needed help to figure
things out in the past.  Who among us hasn't used google to learn
something?  I may not be as experienced as some people, but I've got my
little niche that I'm good at and when someone posts questions relating to
those topics, I try to be helpful.

And occasionally, I can be a little sarcastic...  :)

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP