[asterisk-users] DTMF begin ignored

Marcelo Ellmann Clemente ellmann at freeddom.com
Tue Jun 21 12:45:09 CDT 2011

I'm not Asterisk expert but I had some DTMF problems in the recent past...

This message is called on main/channel.c everytime a DTMF is received, and, afaik, this is not an error, it Asterisk ignores the first milisenconds of the DTMF to distinguish between a real DTMF and any sound in the same frequency of that DTMF that may come in the call (and is not a real DTMF).

I was having some problems with the E1 card I was using and no DTMF mas detected at all. I've fixed it (using another card :p) and I've got a full system in production (with a quite heavy load of calls and DTMF inputs) and that DTMF begin ignored is quite normal during all key presses.

Can you show a piece of code of the extension/context which is reading this DTMF? Maybe that would help!

Good luck,
---
Marcelo Ellmann
Freeddom Tecnologia e Serviços S/A