[asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phones and Skinny in asterisk

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Jun 21 11:15:13 CDT 2011

You do not need sccp.conf if you are not using chan_sccp.
It has different features(bugs) than chan_skinny, but yes
it would also reset the phones (if it supports reload, and
I have no idea if it does).

Also if the phone is in a call it will not reset until after
the user hangs up.  Reloading the channel triggers a soft reset
that causes the phone to request its configuration, which may have
changed.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of bilal ghayyad
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:15 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phones and Skinny in asterisk

Dear Dan;

I have to do something in the compilation to have chan_sccp? Because, I do not have this channel and I have only chan_skinny.

Even in the /usr/lib/asterisk/module/, I did not find chan_sccp.

Maybe that is the reason why I do not have the sccp.conf file?

So, using the sccp channel, will also face the same problem that the phones will restarted if I did reload?

Regards
Bilal