[asterisk-users] Call to *2*999... : IP-phone configration

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Jun 21 07:37:38 CDT 2011

Hello list,

I am unable to call *2*999... because my phone automatically sends the
number after I press *. So my IP-phone calls *2.

Now this is a Cisco, but that's not my question. Does anyone know what
setting I need to adjust so my phone (but actually any IP-phone) accepts
an * in the middle of a number ?

At the moment, I don't really know what I'm looking for. So if anyone
knows how to do it in a Cisco, Grandstream, Yealink or Snom IP-phone I
can find out myself what settings to look for in other IP-phones.

Kind regards,
Jonas.