[asterisk-users] AMI Suddenly not giving full response to 'Command'

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 05:17:03 CDT 2011

We have a web server that connects to our asterisk server via the AMI
for simple polling of data.

This was all working fine yesterday but now, possibly after an asterisk
restart yesterday, the Command type command are not yielding any
results.

Here's an example, which is from a log file of the full response the web
server is receiving

-- Call started: 21/06/2011 11:00:53 --
action: command
command: sip show peers like 0001

Response: Follows
Privilege: Command
--END COMMAND--

Usually I would have a list of the peers between the
Privilege: Command
and the
--END COMMAND--

lines.

No changes have been made to the manager.conf between yesterday and
today. And yes, matching peers do exist.

Other types of commands work fine such as:
-- Call started: 21/06/2011 09:42:46 --
action: MailboxCount
mailbox: 1030 at default

Response: Success
Message: Mailbox Message Count
Mailbox: 1030 at default
NewMessages: 2
OldMessages: 0

This is using Asterisk 1.4.17~dfsg-2ubuntu1

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?
--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer

Office:   0161 660 3062