[asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phones and Skinny in asterisk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 17:26:45 CDT 2011

Dear Stefan;

First of all, I tried skinny and I faced two major problems (so if I am going to face same problems in sccp then no need to use sccp, so please advise).

The two problems that I faced them are:

1) When I do reload then the skinny channel is reloaded and that will cause a restart for the Cisco IP Phones (that are registered to skinny channel). Is the same thing happening with u when u r using sccp channel?

2) When I called the Phone, it is ringing, when we pickup the handset to answer the call, we hear toooooooooooooooooooo and we do not hear what source is talking and source does not hear us even .. but if we select music on hold, then caller will hear the music. Also, when we tried to use the Ciscp IP Phone to place a call, while we are dialing, the toooooooooooooo tone is always existed and it is ringing at destination but no voice (always toooooooooooooooooooo).

So, with sccp no problem?