[asterisk-users] Channel variables not available during xfer?

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Thu Jun 16 03:11:10 CDT 2011

Hi all.

I've got a Grandstream GXP2xxx that is working fine in gerneral.  However, when
I try to transfer a call, my dialplan doesn't have access to any of the
channel's variables.  It seems that this is a known issue in 1.6.x.

Has it been fixed in 1.8.x?  Is 1.8 stable enough for production?  Should I
move to 1.8, yet?

So far, the only work-around I've come up with is a separate context for EACH
sip account, with the variables hard-wired.... FUGLY!

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.