[asterisk-users] How to secure our Asterisk server from hacker's ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 16 02:45:42 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:26:13PM +0500, Faisal Hanif wrote:
> Fail2ban

Fail2Ban protects you from one (or two) specific types of attacks:
someone trying to establish many connections to your PBX (e.g.: SIP
register, or SIP invite) in order to try to guess a username/password
combination the hard way (brute force). Or maybe just to consume your
resources.

But this is far from the only tthing to do to secure the PBX.

I suggest that you do some research, and come back to us with more
specific questions.

For starters:

Oh, and: did I mention you should not use Asterisk 1.2 for a new
install, but rather use 1.8?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com