[asterisk-users] Google Voice receiving call problem

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jun 15 17:29:56 CDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 04:40 PM, Elliot Murdock wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, the issue I am having is currently only with Google Talk.  Wonder
> if what development will be made to fix this issue.

At some point it will be fixed, and then Google will break it again.
Google Talk/Google Voice connections to Asterisk will always be at the
mercy of Google changing the protocol, which they do whenever they feel
like it and with no warning. In other words, you better not be relying
on it for critical communications, and you'll need to be patient when it
breaks... because the developers can't just drop everything and fix it
when Google changes the protocol.

--
Kevin P. Fleming