[asterisk-users] connecting to SIP Provider with virtual IP from pacemaker cluster

rosenberger at taoweb.at rosenberger at taoweb.at
Wed Jun 15 10:28:36 CDT 2011

Hello !

i am new to this list and asterisk.

I run asterisk 1.4 on a OpenSuSE 11.4. My SIP Provider needs my IP to
connect the local area number to my IP and also for there firewall.
I plan to run asterisk in a pacemaker cluster that is not the problem
and works.
My problem is the virtual IP from the cluster and the connection to the
SIP Provider.
My Server has 2 NIC's one intern to register the VOIP Phone's and one
external to register to the SIP Provider.
If i run asterisk with a virtuail IP configuration i get problems to
connect to the SIP Provider
because the ip route uses the real Hardware NIC ip.
OK this i can solve with setting a sorce IP with ip route. That works
with ssh an other but not with asterisk.
tcpdump always show the the ip from the real Hardware device.
A bindaddr in the SIP conf is first not possible because i had to
connect from internal and external.
But when i try a bindaddr on the virtual device tcpdump shows the same
result that the connection comes
from the real IP.

maybe some had the same problem an can give me a hint.

BR/Torsten