[asterisk-users] Page() bumps user out of a call

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Tue Jun 14 18:19:46 CDT 2011

On 6/14/11 4:37 PM, "Russ Meyerriecks" <rmeyerriecks at digium.com> wrote:

>On 6/14/11 4:25 PM, Russ Meyerriecks wrote:
>> On 6/14/11 9:26 AM, Cassius Smith wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I'm having a problem with my intercom function that I use for
>>>under-chin
>>> paging. I'm running 1.6.2.13 on this server, and we use Linksys
>>>SPA-942's
>>> for our general phones. I have a global defined which has all the SIP
>>> channels concatenated together - this is ${ALL-PAGE-EXTS}.
>>>
>>> The problem comes when a user is on the line, and someone else uses the
>>> intercom function to page all extensions, the call in progress gets
>>> disconnected. I'm wondering if there is a way to either:
>>> 1. dynamically figure out the subset of extensions that are not in a
>>> call,
>>> or
>>> 2. use some other function that will not bump a call?
>>>
>>> Has anyone else run into this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Cassius
>>>
>>> Here is my intercom context:
>>>
>>> [intercom]
>>> exten => s,1,Answer
>>> exten => s,n,Playback(beep)
>>> exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
>>> exten => s,n,WaitExten(10)
>>>
>>> exten => t,1,NoOp(timeout)
>>> exten => t,n,Playback(sorry-youre-having-problems&goodbye)
>>> exten => t,n,Hangup()
>>>
>>> exten => *,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info:<sip:${SERVER_IP}>\;answer-after=0)
>>> exten => *,n,Page(${ALL-PAGE-EXTS}) ; add all your devices here
>>>
>>> exten => _XXXX,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info:
>>> <sip:${SERVER_IP}>\;answer-after=0) ; 4 digit extensions
>>> exten => _XXXX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
>>
>> Hey Cassius!
>> Nice to hear from you, what crazy country are you deploying Asterisk in
>> now? You might want to checkout the DEVICE_STATE() function. Should be
>> able to build your ALL-PAGE-EXTS while leaving out the busy extensions.
>> Probably not the best solution, but the first one I thought of.
>>

>This may be a better solution, actually. Checkout example 1. It sets up
>a macro to handle the check for each extension.
>
>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Page
Hi Russ,
Thanks for this. I was thinking of the DEVICE_STATE() also, just hoping
someone
Had a snippet that might make it easier. I've implemented something very
much like
The example 1 code on the referenced page. (The above code was actually
from example 2!).
I will have the crew in Vienna check it out when they get into the office.

Cassius