[asterisk-users] call an external number for other server

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jun 13 11:30:22 CDT 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, salaheddine elharit wrote:

[configuration details snipped]

> i can call the 2000 from my unit and 1000 from my server without issue

> my question how i can i do in order to call an external number from my
> unit(server 2)

> with my server 1 i can call the external number without issue

Read 'Asterisk: The Future of Telephony.' It's available as a free PDF as
well as in paper book form.

If you only have the single extension on each server, you don't need to do
pattern matching in the 'answering' dialplan.

To call from server2, DUNDi may be appropriate or it may be overkill for
your needs.

For me (a 1 man band), I'd just set up a pattern in server2 to match the
external number dialing plan of your country and use IAX to dial a new
context in server1 that accesses the card in server1.

Make sure you restrict access between the hosts by IP addresses and strong
passwords to reduce the chance of nasty surprises.

--
Thanks in advance,