[asterisk-users] Configuring Cisco Phones to register on Asterisk: The configuration files

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 16:16:33 CDT 2011

Hi All;

I need to create the needed files for the Cisco Phones to be placed in the TFTP server to be able to  register on Asterisk.

I need a help in the following please:

1) Regarding to the file: SIPDefault.cnf, The proxy1_address is the IP address of Asterisk?

2) Regarding to the file: SIP<macaddress>.cnf, if I need to let it appear at the Phone (the first line for example) the extension, so this will be the line1_name? For example, if I need the extension to be 700 then I set line1_name : 700 ? And if I need line 2 to be 701 then I set line2_name : 701?

3) About the xmlDefault.CNF.XML, it is mention that I have to place the IP address of Asterisk, but where? What is the format to write the Asterisk IP address in this file?

4) About the dialplan.xml file, what the below means?

<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5"/> <!-- Anything else -->

Any help?
Regards
Bilal