[asterisk-users] Asterisk issue or VoIP provider issue ?

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Jun 10 13:48:36 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Jamie A. Stapleton <
jstapleton at computer-business.com> wrote:

> Many providers do not allow for caller ID name to be sent.

In the US, there are CNAM databases that not all providers have access too.
For example, flowroute, even though they are an excellent VOIP provider in
terms of cost and quality of calls, they are not able to set outbound CNAM
for me.  Vitelity can do it, but I believe they charge you a set rate per
CNAM entry per DID.  Telcentris will add it as part of your sign up fee, as
will Bandwidth.com, I think.  It usually all comes down to your provider.
If nothing else, ask them about setting up CNAM for your DID.  I've run into
the responses you've gotten from sip providers before asking about setting
up callerid, because they thought I was referring to the number portion, not
the name.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP