[asterisk-users] Callerid issue

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 05:27:59 CDT 2011

On Friday 10 Jun 2011, mahesh katta wrote:
> Hi,
> I have 44578900 to 44578999 DID's. and I have extensions(100) for this
> DID's. but problem is
> callerid           Extensions
> 44578900      100
> 44578901      101
> 44578902      102
> 44578902      103
> 44578903      104
> 44578905      200
> 44578906      275
> 44578907      277
> 44578908      354
>
> I need to setup the callerid with this extensions . for example whenever I
> am dial from 354 extension callerID will show 44578908.
> fro this scenarion I need logical dialplan because I have 100 extenstions ,
> so 100 extentions should be have different extensions.

Sounds like a case for either  (1)  a different context per originating
extension  (or maybe, per group of originating extensions which all happen to
obey the same mathematical formula for determining outside callerID from
inside extension number);  (2)  an AGI script, accessing a database which
links internal extensions to external numbers; or  (3)  rethinking your
internal extension numbering scheme so there is a consistent mapping from
internal to external numbers, thus allowing you to do it all mathematically.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.