[asterisk-users] Asterisk issue or VoIP provider issue ?

virendra bhati virbhati at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:32:47 CDT 2011

Hi List,

I want to set my caller ID and name with asterisk. So that when I make
outgoing calls then destination end will see my name with number.

from asterisk end I set both the things into dialplan.
---------------
--------------
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=9172341457)
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)="Virendra Bhati")

But when call reach to destination number then only number is display, name
was display as *unknown  *

Is this issue of voip provider or Asterisk 1.6.2.18 ?

I contact them they replay me that it's your end issue not my end.....

-----
Thanks and regards

 Virendra Bhati
+91-9172341457