[asterisk-users] Permanent restart after upgrade

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jun 9 18:32:56 CDT 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Hans Witvliet wrote:

> I went originally from a almost working machine running:
> asterisk180-1.8.3.2-87.1
>
> To a machine that continuously restarts asterisk (+core dumps) running:
> asterisk180-1.8.3-85.2

Any chance you have a mix of Asterisk and module versions? Was
Zaptel/Dahdi compiled with the proper set of headers for your kernel?

Can you start Asterisk from the command line instead of the usual startup
script? What do the first couple of errors look like? Capturing the output
via the 'script' command will help.

For example*,

 	script foo
 	sudo /usr/sbin/asterisk -C /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf\
 		-c -d -d -d -f -g -n -p -q -v -v -v
 	exit

Can you turn off auto module loading and start with no modules?

*) I'm a 1.2 Luddite, so the command line arguments may have changed...

--
Thanks in advance,