[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 broken MWI

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:25:30 CDT 2011

On 9 June 2011 15:49, satish patel <satish_lx at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:15:14 +0100
>> From: davies147 at gmail.com
>> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 broken MWI
>>
>> On 8 June 2011 17:20, satish patel <satish_lx at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Interesting thing is when i reload sip.conf  i got MWI lamp working on
>> > polycom 501
>> >
>> > But its not working when anyone leave voicemail. Do you know its some
>> > timeout or polling setting in sip.conf ?
>> >
>> > Still my question is my my asterisk not sending NOTIFY message ? Do i
>> > need
>> > to subscribe my phone to asterisk ?
>> >

>> Does this help?
>>
>> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-17866
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve
>>
> Thanks steve,
>
> But you know if i connect X-lite softphone my asterisk sending NOTIFY .
>
> But its not sending NOTIFY to polycom 501 phone ? Do you think i need to
> subscribe my phone to asterisk ?
>
> -S

X-Lite automatically SUBSCRIBEs for MWI indication. Polycom and snom
do not do this by default, instead they assume that the REGISTER will
automatically cause MWI notifications.

chan_sip changed behaviour (by accident I suspect) somewhere between
version 1.2 and 1.6, and the patch basically puts back what went
missing. It is crude, but has not caused me any problems so far.

Regards,
Steve