[asterisk-users] Asterisk, attended transfers and DTMF mode

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 07:27:21 CDT 2011

Hi,

Asterisk: 1.8.4.2

I've just managed to configure attended transfers using Asterisk and
Grandstream GXP-2000 phones. The only way I've got it to work is by
using one of the out-of-band DTMF modes on the phone (either RFC or
SIP-info).

I think I can understand why - as Asterisk wouldn't be "seeing" the DTMF
tones during the call if they are inband (or am I wrong)? I have
"canreinvite=no" in sip config so that all media goes through Asterisk.
However, it is strange that none of the wiki pages on voip-info.org or
comments in the features.conf file seem to mention anything about this.
Am I missing something? Can features/transfers/call parking work with
inband DTMF? Is it an issue particular to Grandstream phones?

Thanks,

Sebastian