[asterisk-users] How asterisk use pri channel

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jun 8 17:25:44 CDT 2011

> We have two pri line and I want to see how asterisk distribute
> outgoing call per channels
>
> I meant it use first last channel 47 or it will use first channel?
>
> Or it will allocate dynamically ?

Extracted from chan_dahdi.c:

Dial(DAHDI/pseudo[/extension[/options]])
Dial(DAHDI/<channel#>[c|r<cadance#>|d][/extension[/options]])
Dial(DAHDI/<subdir>!<channel#>[c|r<cadance#>|d][/extension[/options]])
Dial(DAHDI/i<span>[/extension[/options]])
Dial(DAHDI/[i<span>-](g|G|r|R)<group#(0-63)>[c|r<cadance#>|d][/extension[/options]])

i - ISDN span channel restriction.
    Used by CC to ensure that the CC recall goes out the same span.
    Also to make ISDN channel names dialable when the sequence number
    is stripped off.  (Used by DTMF attended transfer feature.)

g - channel group allocation search forward
G - channel group allocation search backward
r - channel group allocation round robin search forward
R - channel group allocation round robin search backward

c - Wait for DTMF digit to confirm answer
r<cadance#> - Set distintive ring cadance number
d - Force bearer capability for ISDN/SS7 call to digital.

All are valid for v1.8 and trunk.  The i<span> option and <subdir>! option are not valid earlier than v1.8.

Richard