[asterisk-users] LXC and Dahdi

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Wed Jun 8 16:32:34 CDT 2011

Howdy,

I am playing around with asterisk within an LXC container on Ubuntu 11.04.
I have asterisk (1.4.42) running fine, but want access to dahdi_dummy for
timing (meetme).  I have dahdi installed on the "host", and dahdi_dummy is
loaded:

root at astnorth:/# ls -ltr /dev/dahdi
total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 250 2011-06-08 13:59 transcode
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 253 2011-06-08 13:59 timer
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 255 2011-06-08 13:59 pseudo
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196,   0 2011-06-08 13:59 ctl
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 254 2011-06-08 13:59 channel
root at astnorth:/#

But in the container I don't see them:

root at artha:/# ls -ltr /dev/dahdi
total 0

even though /dev/dahdi showed up as soon as I loaded the kernel module in
the host.

Maybe this is more a question for an LXC list, but I noted that a few
people had played with this (asterisk in LXC) and wondered if anyone
managed to get dahdi_dummy shared across their containers...

Thanks for any input,

--

Jeff LaCoursiere
SunFone