[asterisk-users] Update problem | CLI commands missing

Christoph Timm christoph.timm at voipfuture.com
Wed Jun 8 11:00:36 CDT 2011

Hi List,

I'm running into trouble, if I perform a 'yum update' on my AsteriskNOW.

Currently I'm running Asterisk 1.8.3.3.

I have the following problem, if I do the update to the actual 1.8.4.2.
There are several commands on the CLI which are not working or even not
present like

core show uptime (not working)
core restart (not present)
core show version (not present)
my Skype for Asterisk is also not loaded correctly.

190 modules are loaded, if I do a 'module show'.
I miss also some messages in the log like "[Jun  7 21:21:31]
VERBOSE[3449] loader.c:  func_version.so => (Get Asterisk Version/Build
Info)".

Does anyone know something about this problem?

best regards
Christoph