[asterisk-users] Connect intercom to Asterisk?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Jun 7 08:24:15 CDT 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:06:23 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
>Why bother when you can buy off the shelf stuff to do it for you.

The trick is that this connector must work with existing interphones,
such as this one at home:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8334/intercomhome.jpg

So after I add a second pair of wires to the existing intercom, I
guess the options are
- either an ATA which will connect to the two-wire analog signal and
turn it into an SIP end-point, or
- simply running a phone cable from the intercom all the way to the
Asterisk box where it will be connected to some hardware