[asterisk-users] Issues with Digum Repos / AsteriskNOW & Bad Packages

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:12:09 CDT 2011

 I have used those packages:

    [Apr  7 01:09:51] WARNING[27966]: loader.c:434 load_dynamic_module:
    Error loading module 'app_voicemail_imapstorage.so':
    /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_voicemail_imapstorage.so: undefined
    symbol: copy
    [Apr  7 01:09:51] WARNING[27966]: loader.c:777 load_resource: Module
    'app_voicemail_imapstorage.so' could not be loaded.

You're now apparently running into issue #18718
(https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18718), which was a
regression introduced in Asterisk 1.4.39 or so.  This specific issue
won't be fixed in a normal Asterisk release until 1.4.41.  However,
packages are in a slightly better position, since we can sometimes
apply a fix and just rebuild the packages.  I'll do that today, and
you will see 1.4.40-3 shortly (I'll also send you a note when they're
available).

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you...  Unfortunately,
app_voicemail.c is written in an overly complicated way, and it's
difficult to catch issues like these.  I've talked to the person that
manages our test platform, and we'll be taking steps to watch for
these types of issues in the future.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 14:31, Patrick Lists
<asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 08:07 PM, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
>>
>> Anyone have an update as to when Digium will ship a working package?
>
> According to https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18748 new packages
> should already have been pushed. If not perhaps you could join #asterisk or
> #asterisk-dev on irc.freenode.net and ask Qwell (aka Jason Parker) about
> this.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick
>
> --