[asterisk-users] Is this Asterisk issue of feature

virendra bhati virbhati at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 03:58:26 CDT 2011

Hi List,

Yes as per your suggestion I make a bash script for sleep the server. But
doing so asterisk session also stop and server can't do any job in such
time.

Actually I am using Asterisk and a2billing for my calling card system. When
We hangup our call then a2billing start billing script which is my priority
to do some changes into the call information after 2 sec. of wait for which
I need to sleep the service at certain time. But if I start bash script for
sleep then all thread of server also stop and I will on the same stage as
before..

Do you have any other idea ? I already used php sleep(2) function..

and I can't do any work in between this sleep time into server.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:00 PM, A J Stiles
<asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>wrote:

> On Thursday 26 May 2011, virendra bhati wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > Thanks for reply ..
> > What is the meaning of that line which you have mention on the recent
> > conversation
> >
> > System(path/to/sleep Xs)
> >
> > path/to/sleep => is the paths of any php script where sleep function is
> > mention or anything else ?
> > please illustrate if it is possible ....
>
> It's fairly common to write something like "/path/to/some/file" to indicate
> that you need to specify a full  (absolute)  path, all the way back to the
> root folder; and many people have been using Unix for so long that they
> forget not everybody knows this.
>
> System() is an Asterisk dialplan command which executes a program; it
> expects
> the full path to the program it is going to execute.  "sleep" is a standard
> Unix command  (i.e., you could type it at the shell prompt if you wanted)
> which just does nothing for so many seconds.  You can find the path to
> the "sleep" command on your system by typing
>
> $ which sleep
>
> Then whatever output this gives you is what you need to use in place
> of "/path/to/sleep".
>
> --
> AJS
>
> Answers come *after* questions.