[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 83, Issue 3

Jesse Thompson jesset at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:27:56 CDT 2011

> Letting a carrier use you as a carrier seems like quite a bad idea generally..

I think I would agree. :)

> _NXXNXXXXXX => Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@upstream,120); // numbers not handled here get routed upstream....
> in the 'local' context instead of the other one?....

So here is where the finer points of Asterisk pattern matching must
come into play.

All of the customer DID's match the pattern _NXXNXXXXXX. If we put
that pattern in the local context, then wouldn't that mean that calls
from a local customer to another local customer would match the
_NXXNXXXXXX pattern before even trying to match against the specific
patterns in the "clients" context? We need to be able to route
local-to-local calls without using two trunks to go back and forth
through the upstream provider.

Thank you for your input. I know this is a problem most operators can
get past, so there's got to be just something not lining up quite
right in my mental model. :)

- - Jesse