[asterisk-users] busy hangup HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary D-channel

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Wed Jun 1 06:12:27 CDT 2011

Hi randall,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.06.2011, 10:00 +0200 schrieb randall:
> >     >     i get the following errors:
> >     >     pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary D-channel
> >     >     of span 2
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >     Your telco provider has crc on or off , that is not matching with
> >     > your server cross check with them.
> >     > and this problem solve 4 problems
> >     >
> >     >
> >     thanks for the reply,
> >
> >     what is crc (same as crc-4?)
> >     and where can i set this?
> >
> > same crc or crc4
> >
> >     --
> adding crc as follows, span=1,1,0,ccs,ami,crc, causes DAHDI to not load
> at all

As I can see from Your first post, You are using BRI in
point-to-multipoint mode. On BRI lines there is nothing like CRC/CRC4
and that is the reason, why the config is not loading any more.

On a PTMP line there may be some CRC-errors from time to time, when the
provider shuts down the line, which is normal in some countries. But
this has nothing to do with Your initial problem.

Unfortunately I don't know a solution for Your problem. It may be a
hardware issue.

HTH,

Karsten