[asterisk-users] How to use these feature of Asterisk

DHAVAL INDRODIYA dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 06:11:14 CDT 2011

Use This Information.

You can customize the prompt a bit, if the default prompt is too dull for
you. First add these lines to */etc/asterisk/extensions.conf* in the
[globals] section:

${ENV(UNIX)}
${ENV(ASTERISK_PROMPT)}

Then in */etc/profile* on the Asterisk server, set the ASTERISK_PROMPT
values:

 ASTERISK_PROMPT='%t, %l2, %h*> '
export PATH USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC ASTERISK_PROMPT

Your *export* variables will probably be different; just tack
ASTERISK_PROMPT on at the end. Reboot, run *asterisk -r* from your X
terminal, and voilá! The prompt is customized and your colors do not change:

*17:51:30, 0.54, asterisk1.alrac.net*>*