[asterisk-users] MoH - conversion command

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Thu Jul 28 14:51:09 CDT 2011

In order to get the proper encoding for Asterisk, you must provide the
correct values for each of these characteristics.  In your case, they
are as follows:

    rate = 8000
    data size = 8-bit (byte)
    data encoding = gsm
    channels = 1 (mono)

Therefore, the command you would use to create your native MOH files is:

    sox in.wav -t gsm -r 8000 -b -c 1 out.gsm

As G729 is a patented codec and so not available in Free Software, you'll have to figure out how to translate those values for whatever software you are using to create G729 files.