[asterisk-users] MoH - conversion command

Mike list at net-wall.com
Thu Jul 28 09:53:50 CDT 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to get MoH files to sound decent.  I've got a hold of
Royalty-free Classical music (a safe choice for most of my customers) and
I`ve been trying to convert them to the normal telephony/Asterisk format
using sox.  Unfortunately, it sounds really bad. I don't expect concert hall
quality of course, 8000KHz being what it is, but is there a better way to
convert from good quality .wav files to 8000Khz ? Am I using the wrong tool?

Mike